Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rrrrrella and Terrella

I read the book Bigfoot Cinderrrrrella.  The story is about a bigfoot woman named ella who lives with her stepmom and 2 step sisters.  They call her Rrrrrella and always made fun of her and made her wear flowers and comb her fur, which was not all that common with a bigfoot.  There was a fun fest that Rrrrrella wanted to go to but her sisters made sure she couldn't go because they wanted to win the prince for themselves by rolling him off a log into the river.  Then Rrrrrella had a beary godfather show up.  He gave her bark-clogs so she could stay on the log and roll the prince off at the fun fest.  He also got rid of the flowers so she looked like a normal bigfoot.  Rrrrrella was so excited and was told she had to be back by sundown because the magic would wear off.  She ran off to the fun-fest.  Rrrrrella was able to roll the prince off the log but then had to run off because her beary godfather's magic was wearing off.  She lost her bark clog and the prince picked it up so he could find her.  The prince went all around the forest looking for the one who fit the bark clog.  When he got to the home of Rrrrrella her mom and step sisters all fit in the bark clog at once.  Then Rrrrrella put the clog on and pulled out the match and the prince knew he had found his his bride.  The prince and Rrrrrella were then married and live happily ever after.

Unfortanatly I didn't get to take part in the writing process because I was home sick in bed, but I talked with my classmates about what went on.  Everyone had fun writing their stories one line at a time.  I did help perform Terrella by being the narrator.  The story was not all that similar to Cinderella except for the evil stepsisters and the love that is found at the end.  I think this is a great activity for elementary children to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment