I am having a blast here at Rocky Mountain National Park. The view from the top of the mountain is a mixture of flat green grasslands cutting through patches of dark green trees. Scattered throughout the green grasslands I can see strips of road that look like a dirt river running along as it cuts back and forth. in the far distantance I can sse the closer Rocky Mountains that are a dark shade of green and behind them more mountains that fade to a shade of blue because they are so far off. At the base of the Mountains lay the head of the Colorado River and it then begins its journey. Of course the sky is filled with the puffiest white clouds.
I came out here for a family vacation that includes camping, hiking up beautiful mountain trails, swimming in the river and singing around the campfire as we make s'mores. My family loves to camp so this trip is ideal for us. I am not ready to leave yet but I will return to PA next week and I will have so many more pictures and stories to tell you and I can't wait to see everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It sounds like you are having a great time out in the Rock Mountains! Are the mountains out there any different then the ones here in Pennsylvania? If I were you I wouldn't be ready to leave yet either, it is always great to get away from our normal routine. But I am excited for you to come home to show me all of the many other wonderful sites you saw on your adventure West.
ReplyDeleteYour Good Friend,
Katie
Hey Tiff!!! You really helped me create a great mental image with the description you wrote of the Rocky Mountains. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and can't wait to see you when you get back.
ReplyDelete